Sunday, July 3, 2011

Journey To Finding The Career You Love

It is common for many of us not to know what we want to do (our career). Most of us are absolutely clueless. Most of the people I know will simply take any job that is being offered, as long as the salary is right. To be honest, I did that too.

Sooner or later, if you do not feel fulfilled in your job, you will eventually feel unhappy.

So what can you do?

The thing is to find the career that you want to be in. So that you will not feel like you are just working purely for the money.

This leads to the next question. What career do I want to be in? Matter of fact, most of us do not know what we really want to do for a career.

Then how?

Start on a journey to discover what will make you energise and engage.

Well, I personally suggest that you take up this ongoing habit of asking this two questions (when you are in your job):

1. What do I love about this?
2. What do I dislike about this?



It's not what you love, it's why you love it.


When you have an answer to either of the above questions, ask yourself "WHY?". This question is really important. It will help you discover more about what makes you tick and what irritates you. For example, "I enjoy engaging with people during my work.", you ask why and discover, "I loved the fact that I am helping others to resolve their problems." Knowing why you love it lets you be more aware about what's unique and individual to you.

Slowly, you will start to find out more about yourself and the career path that you should and will want to go into. You can also ask people that is in the line to share more about their job. Chances are you will gain lots of insight from it. =)

Pick the one that feels best, that will light you up, that you will look foward to everyday. The best part? You will be better at what you do since you love it, and you will never feel like you are working. All the best in your journey! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment